WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Monday, January 26, 2009

Seek God's Guidance.....

Hi...
As we begin each day, we need to sit in the Lord's presence not just to thank and Praise Him but also to seek His guidance.
David prayed..
Psalm 25:
4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
       teach me your paths;
 5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
       for you are God my Savior,
       and my hope is in you all day long.
Do we desire to receive God's guidance in our everyday activities?
Primarily God guides us through HIS Word.
That's why we need to read His Word daily and also meditate on it.
Psalmist writes in..
Psalm 119:
 11 I have hidden your word in my heart
       that I might not sin against you.
 12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
       teach me your decrees.
 13 With my lips I recount
       all the laws that come from your mouth.
 14 I rejoice in following your statutes
       as one rejoices in great riches.
 15 I meditate on your precepts
       and consider your ways.
 16 I delight in your decrees;
       I will not neglect your word
.
God's Word not only guides us, it shows us the right path, keeps us from sin and so much more.
We need to hide God's word in our hearts.
It's good to start memorizing scriptures. We can start with a scripture a week.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
       and a light for my path
.
We need a lamp to show us the path when we walk in the dark. To walk through the darkness of sin around us and to keep us from falling into temptations we need God's Word. It helps us stay in the light and walk the right path.
Psalm 119: 147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
       I have put my hope in your word.
So from tomorrow let's rise early morning and commit our ways to Our Lord.
Let's read His Word and meditate on it.
Sometimes we fail to get sleep at night..then let's pray & read God's Word. God may speak to us or show us something in His Word.
Psalm 119:  148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
       that I may meditate on your promises.
Be Blessed,
Remember...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Have a blessed week...
YSIC,
Julia

8 comments:

  1. Amen. Thank you for your message, sister Julie
    Stay blessed and and keep blessing people.
    Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are lots of people here who still can not believe how powerful the God's word is.
    it is enough for them by going to church every sunday and praying, they think it is not necessary to read the God's word as long as you still go to church and good person.... that makes me sad. Bible seems to be not important anymore...it is just an old book :(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too little brother!!!
    Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Siska...
    But it's time to get back to the Word....it's our daily bread...for our spiritual life......
    God Bless you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this awesome message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen sis Julie, Beautiful message!! hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete