WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What God looks for in an intercessor?

Hi....
Intercessors are prayer warriors!
Today God's looking for someone who is willing to stand in the gap and intercede.
Ezekiel 22:30,"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."
What does God look for in an intercessor?
1) Availability.( Should be available to pray anytime, any place & for anything )
Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always....
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
2) Intimacy.( Should have an intimate relationship with God.)
Psalm 25:14 The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
3)Obedience. (Should be obedient to God's call & voice)
1 Samuel 15:22 But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
4)Total surrender.( Should be fully committed to God.)
2 Chronicles 16:9,"For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."
5)Life of Holiness.( His ears are always open to the righteous.)
Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;
6)Humility.(Should be humble)
It's the need of this hour.
2 Chronicles 7:14,"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
7)Patience: (Should be willing to patiently wait and keep praying till we get answers.)
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
8) Persistent: ( Should not quit praying till we see God do something.)
Isa 62:6-7, "I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
       they will never be silent day or night.
       You who call on the LORD,
       give yourselves no rest, 7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
       and makes her the praise of the earth
.
To fail praying for someone is sin. Did someone ask you to pray for them? Pray as soon as they ask you so that you don't forget about it later. And also have a prayer diary where you can note down the prayer points & pray later.
1 Samuel 12:23,"As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you."
BE BLESSED,
Julia


6 comments:

  1. Continue to stand in the Gap dear Sunny.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pray for others especially for those who need it the most. I'm not sure if I'm a worthy intercessor but I strive and I hope to be. one. Thank you Julie, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nini..God listens to the prayer of His children.....
    Be blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and so acurate Sis Julie. Bless you my sister. hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what God wants me to do "to wrestle, to intercede for others" especially those people who really need God's help!

    ReplyDelete