WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Appreciating, Encouraging and Uplifting Others


Hi...
Greetings from India.
Words of appreciation, love, compliments, encouragement cost us nothing to give but sure is priceless to receive.
Romans 12:8 If it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
"Family, Friends and loved ones...
They fight about the smallest things when together
But miss the smallest things when apart...."
We need to appreciate and treasure the people in our life. We got to learn to see the good in people around us and compliment them!
Every individual has some 'good' in them.
Let's speak words of love to people we love.
We need to tell our spouse, kids, parents and loved ones how much they mean to us.
If we can't speak words of love, let our actions show. Let's hug them more often and through our small deeds show them how much we care. We can send them notes to say how special they are to us.
Let's take time for people we love and care.
We need to treasure valuable friendships. True friends can be such a blessing.
Friends, brothers and sisters in Christ are added bonus to us. They will pray for us and with us, encourage us and help us in our spiritual walk as we tread this narrow path together.
Today can we take time to appreciate our loved ones?
There are some people in our lives who bless us so much, I'm sure we can take a moment to thank them today.
Employers need to compliment their employees even for a small achievement. This will motivate them to work better!!
God Bless each of you....
JESUS LOVES YOU SO.....MUCH!!!
YSIC,
Julia

Encouraging & Uplifting Others
Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who rekindled this light.
--Albert Schweitzer
Why are other people here? Why are we not alone in this world? Even though we sometimes may feel lonely and isolated, the fact is that there are many, many other people with us on this planet who have the ability--and desire--to see us do well, to succeed, to be the best people we can be. These are the people who try to encourage us when we're down, who try to build us up when things aren't going well, who try to help us to keep our flames burning bright even in the darkest hours.

Albert says that we owe our "deepest thanks" to these people, and I agree with him. I know that in my life, there have been plenty of times when an encouraging and uplifting word from someone who cared has made a huge difference in how I saw life at a given time. Instead of going deeper into despair or hopelessness or even depression, these people have given me a spark that has allowed me to rekindle the flame of hope, to relight my own light that had been growing steadily dimmer.

If we acknowledge our debt to these people--no matter who they are and no matter how small their contribution to our life might seem--we start to see the importance of their actions in our lives. And then we have to ask ourselves if we can pass on their kindnesses, if we can provide that kind of spark to someone else who's in need. I know that doing this will be the greatest way possible to repay these people and their kindnesses, and I know that they would feel tremendously gratified to know that their positive contribution to my life led to my positive contributions to the lives of others.

I often think of how others have encouraged me when I try to encourage others. I try to remember how I felt when I needed encouragement when I try to recognize just who could use some encouragement. My deepest thanks go out to the people who have taught me such an important lesson, and my hope is that I can repay them by passing on their teachings.
~ Living Life Fully ~
Posted by: LINELLA BRECKENRIDGE









No comments:

Post a Comment