WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Monday, January 14, 2013

Jeremiah's prayer and God's answer!


Hi...
Isn't it comforting to know we can share
our deepest thoughts,
our hurts, our feelings with our God, the creator of this Universe and be sure He'll listen.
Sometimes we are upset when people accuse us falsely,
sometimes we tend to complain
about all that's not right around us.
But as I read Jeremiah I seen how God listened to him
as he poured out his heart to Him.
Let's talk to God about our hurts and concerns.
Jeremiah 15:15-20,
15 You understand, O LORD; 
       remember me and care for me. 
       Avenge me on my persecutors. 
       You are long-suffering—do not take me away; 
       think of how I suffer reproach for your sake.
16 When your words came, I ate them;
       they were my joy and my heart's delight,
       for I bear your name,
       O LORD God Almighty.
17 I never sat in the company of revelers,
       never made merry with them;
       I sat alone because your hand was on me
       and you had filled me with indignation.
18 Why is my pain unending
       and my wound grievous and incurable?
       Will you be to me like a deceptive brook,
       like a spring that fails? 
 19 Therefore this is what the LORD says:
       "If you repent, I will restore you
       that you may serve me;
       if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
       you will be my spokesman.
       Let this people turn to you,
       but you must not turn to them. 
 20 I will make you a wall to this people,
       a fortified wall of bronze;
       they will fight against you
       but will not overcome you,
       for I am with you
       to rescue and save you,"
       declares the LORD.
21 "I will save you from the hands of the wicked
       and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."
The foot notes to this passage in the Life Application Bible says,
QUOTE>>
God did not get angry with Jeremiah, he answered by rearranging his priorities. As God's mouth piece he was to influence people and not let them influence him.
There are 3 important lessons in this passage.
1) In prayer we can reveal our deepest thoughts to God.
2) God expects us to trust Him, no matter what.
3) We are here to influence others to God.
>>>>UNQUOTE
Reading this set my mind at rest.
Things we see around may not be good, people around
may fail to understand us. But we need to just continue to faithfully serve God.
Instead of complaining about the darkness, let us choose to be the light.
We need to be of positive influence on others and lead others to Christ.
The Lord says in.. 
Jeremiah 15:19 "Therefore this is what the LORD says: 
       "If you repent, I will restore you 
       that you may serve me; 
       if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, 
       you will be my spokesman. 
       Let this people turn to you,
but you must not turn to them. "
So let us stand up and start serving God and pray for the lost to turn to Jesus.
The lesson I learnt:
Instead of cribbing about the darkness, I need to be the "light" 
Matthew 5:14
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.  
    
I need to leave the judging to God.
He knows best.
Matthew 7: 1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Be Blessed,
YSIC,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment