WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Indian cuisine





Very fine meals that suit the various taste buds of people all over the world are prepared in India.


Indian cuisine are characterized by their relatively extensive use of spices and herbs.
They are also characterized by a wide assortment of dishes and cooking techniques.BR>

The staples of Indian cuisine are rice, atta (whole wheat flour), and at least five dozen varieties of pulses, the most important of which are chana (bengal gram), toor (pigeon pea or yellow gram), urad (black gram) and mung (green gram). Chana is used in different forms, and may be used whole or processed in a mill that removes the skin.


Tea is a staple beverage throughout India; the finest varieties are grown in Darjeeling and Assam. It is generally prepared as masala chai, tea with a mixture of spices boiled in milk. The less popular coffee is largely served in South India. One of the finest varieties of Coffea arabica is grown around Mysore, Karnataka, and is marketed under the trade name "Mysore Nuggets". Other beverages include nimbu pani (lemonade), lassi, badam dood (milk with nuts and cardamom) & Chaach (made from curd/yogurt ) , sharbat and coconut water

27 comments:

  1. my favorite..when i go to an Indian restaurant... a must for me
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!
    Try a plate of Chicken Biriyan sometime, with some yogert salad to go with it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i will if i have a chance...
    Indian cuisine is very rich but so delicious..
    i used to have mutton curry....don't know how to call it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's mutton curry ( gravy) & also we do have mutton masala!
    So you are familiar with Indian food....
    Cool....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW WHERE SOME INDIAN RESTAURANTS ARE; IT IS THE SPICES I HAVE TO WATCH FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we have a lot of spicy food..but there are non-spicy dishes too!!! Thanks Diamond for all your comments...
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! NICE ladies-finger and curry or masala,so its good taste

    ReplyDelete
  8. IDDALY AND VADAI !AND SOURCE how Nice.You feel like must visit a Indian people home.I am not good at making it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Richness of Indian,This I can try to make it I also Shout with brother Donald.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Puri If I want real puri I must come to India eat with potatoes mas-ala.I think its enough for me I will be full now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very delicious looks like you are already eaten,thank you for sharing.Need to visit a Indian home soon, to have the smell of spicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW brother Ebby..next time you are in India do come over. I do make Idlies, Puri & Bhaji too!!
    And the other spicy dishes like Biriyani too!!!
    Thanks bro for stopping by.....
    God Bless you,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this food, this vegetable name Okra I think. yummy..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is cool :-)
    make me hungry now..ha.ha..

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohhh helppppppppppppppppppp....i cant see all those foods, too yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Siska..when you come here I'll treat you with all this ok??

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just had lunch before logging in and what do I find here... a collection of Indian cuisine. Delicious is an understatement. I just love those pictures. Just makes my mouth water. I've got to find me an Indian restaurant this very moment and ... indulge. I'll go to the gym and repent on the treadmill later :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should do that...I'm sure you won't regret it a bit!!:)
    Be Blessed
    Thanks for stopping by....

    ReplyDelete