WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Monday, June 16, 2008

Scarred people are beautiful.....


~~A post I read that blessed me~~
Julia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scarred People are beautiful!
(Author Unknown)
Imagine for a minute that this conversation is between a man and God.
It goes like this;
"I've seen a number of movies Lord, movies like Romeo and Juliet. The love of young people, at least in the movies, is beautiful..........so simple.........so total.....so uncomplicated. They seems so natural, so free in their feelings, I wish I could be like that, Lord.
"But I can't be! I've been hurt, Lord. I have trusted and been betrayed at times. I have loved and received nothing in return. I have tried hard to care and failed-often. I have shared my secrets and heard them whispered to others. I have asked forgiveness and heard no response. I have been bruised! Look, Lord, I'm all covered with scars."
AND THEN THE LORD SPEAKS:
"Maybe you haven't understood enough. Maybe you haven't learned that human life is like that. All saints are scarred! Young love isn't the highest form of human love. The greatest love comes from scarred people. I know that many people stop loving so they won't be hurt again, but those who do start over again, who continue in spite of it all, who leave themselves open to the possibility of being hurt again, these people are able to love in a deeper way, a more understanding way, a richer way..."
The man ponders the words of God and says;
"I think I know what you mean Lord. I've met people like that--
and knowing them gives me courage.
The great people are those who continue to love with all their scars.
I like scarred people, Lord,
They are beautiful..."
How do you love when your love has been rejected? How do you confide when your confidence has been betrayed? How do you forgive when your forgiveness is scorned?
Through our failures, we learn patience; through rebuffs, we learn compassion; and through suffering, we partake of Christ's suffering.
The crushed flower is the most fragrant, and a rose without thorns is really no rose at all.
~UNKNOWN~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

  1. Wow, how nice! I'm deeply encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow can I get a copy of this? Thats amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our sins and imperfections qualify us for God's love and mercy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats really nice story julie...simple but true!!! wonderful!!
    thanks julie, i wil repost on my other site...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plz..do reapost dear Siska..(I just seen this...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. he..he...no problem. i did repost on my other site and it was really bless someone there...i hope not only one
    im really happy julie, thank you... thanx Lord

    ReplyDelete
  7. So now I seen where you were reposting.....:)
    Be blessed always Siska..

    ReplyDelete