WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Monday, June 16, 2008

Treasure your quite moments with God...

Hi Family and friends.
Praise God!

Psalm 119: 145 I call with all my heart; answer me, O LORD, 
       and I will obey your decrees.

 146 I call out to you; save me 
       and I will keep your statutes.


 147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; 
       I have put my hope in your word.


 148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, 
       that I may meditate on your promises.
We need to treasure our daily quiet times with our Lord.
When we want to take time to be alone with God, we need to shut out the world, turn off things that disturb us (like the telephone/mobile) & take our Bible & go to our Saviour's feet.
Then it's just The Lord & me...
We can praise Him, worship Him, thank Him, talk to Him, Cry to Him.
We can play some worship songs & sing along..
We can read His Word, Meditate on it.
May be it's just a few verses we read but let's see & hear what the Lord's telling us.

Psalm119: 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet 
       and a light for my path.

 106 I have taken an oath and confirmed it, 
       that I will follow your righteous laws. 
We need to hide God's Word in our hearts.

Psalm119: 9 How can a young man keep his way pure? 
       By living according to your word.

 10 I seek you with all my heart; 
       do not let me stray from your commands.


 11 I have hidden your word in my heart 
       that I might not sin against you.

Let's take out time to read HIS WORD every day.
We can talk to Our Heavenly Father freely as a child.
He's never too busy when we need to talk to HIM...In fact He loves to fellowship with me...
We can pour out our heart to Him...
Cry out to Him....He doesn't mind it.
We can share all that's in our heart to Him..
He doesn't miss a tear or a sigh...nothing goes unnoticed...
For He's loves us with an everlasting love.
We also need to wait quietly to hear Him speak......
There are days I don't say a word..when I'm in HIS Presence...but my silence & my tears too do speak to HIM...
No one can love us as He does...
He gave us His all & HE gave us HIS best.
JESUS died & rose again so that we may live eternally, with HIM in Heaven.
So let's desire to give HIM our best time, our quality time to Him...
Try not to compromise on these quiet times with God.....
There are also days i miss out on these quite times..but My Lord still loves me...& waits for me.
Daniel was a busy man but seen that 3 times a day he was on his knees in God's presence.
Daniel 5:10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Nothing made Daniel compromise on his time with God, not even a threat to his life!!!
Let's take time daily to spend some time at our Saviour's feet.
I've seen friends who work & go to school take the Bible & go out to some quite place during lunch break or tea break to spend some moment alone with God.
Steal moments here & there to be alone with God..
Sometimes even when we are at a crowded place like a bus we can  shut off all that's around be able to feel His presence around, talk to Him & hear His whispers.
O How I love Him..
He's the lover of my soul...
Please..let's not miss out on our quiet times with God ..let's treasure these moments.
In HIS presence we are renewed & refreshed.
 
YSIC,
Julie
Song: For Who You Are [Hillsong - Mighty To Save
For Who You Are (Key B)

Verse:
Standing here in Your presence
Thinking of the good things You have done
Waiting here patiently
Just to hear Your still small voice again

PreChorus:
Holy, righteous, faithful to the end,
Saviour, healer, redeemer, and friend

Chorus:
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
Jesus (repeat)

Bridge:
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures always (2x) 

1 comment:

  1. It's time to go to our prayer closets, more often than before....!!

    ReplyDelete