WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Sunday, March 17, 2013

Do we yearn for God? By Blake Hamon



Do we YEARN for God?”
BY: Blake Hamon
I’ve been paying a lot of attention to the Psalms, and as I do I attempt to think as David thought. “As a deer pant and thirsts for streams of water, so my soul longs for you O God. My soul thirsts for God. The living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalms 42:1-2)”
I don’t question for a moment that we all love to enter into the presence of God with passionate worship…..but do we yearn for Him? Are we ok with not taking time out of our day to sit down with the living God? Are we truly ok with waiting until a Sunday morning or Wednesday night to step into His presence? I’m not talking about the moments when you’re day has lacked any and all enjoyable moments and you hear that perfect song that just warms your heart as you lift up your hands in worship and thank God!
One thing I’ve come to realize during the fast is this:God knows no past, or present circumstance. That’s not implying that those circumstances are non-existent, it merely implies that no circumstance will have a hindrance on the praise I give my God. The increase/decrease of the intensity or severity of our circumstances should have no affect to the intensity of our worship unto God.
I believe a wonderful example of that type of yearning and worship is displayed in Job 1:20-21:
At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.
Do we yearn for God?
My prayer not only for myself, but for you as well, is that we would develop a craving for God beyond what we thought was possible; that our hearts would ache until we have encountered God....that in the midst of difficult times – whether big or small - our yearning for Almighty God would stir up a zeal and passion that would cause us to cry out in utter worship at all times – regardless of our circumstances.
God give us a yearning for you. Burn within us a passion that can never be subsided. God, that we would not become complacent or content in our relationship with you, but that ever day we would seek to chase after you with more passion and zeal than the day before. Let our yearning for you overflow out of our hearts and into the lives of others.
By:
Blake Hamon

"Yearn” by Shane & Shane Lyrics
Holy design 
This place in time 
That I might seek and find my God 
My God
Lord, I want to yearn for You 
I want to burn with passion 
Over You and only You 
Lord, I want to yearn
Your joy is mine 
Yet why am I fine 
With all my singing and bringing grain 
In light of Him
Oh You give life and breath 
Through Him You give all things 
In Him we live and move 
That's why I sing 
Acts 17:25-28, Hebrews 12:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment